Which business model is better for an online startup: selling education or selling software?
Clay Collins ran an online education business that was on track to do 7-figures in annual sales, but this year he switched his entire business model over to selling software.
In this interview with Clay, you’ll find out:
- Why Clay changed his entire business model despite having so much success selling information products
- The pros and cons of software vs. education as a business
- Clay’s tips for getting started as a software development company
- What Clay thinks is wrong with the way information is marketed and sold today
- Why being “the expert” can get tiresome
- And a whole lot more…
And of course, after you watch this I would love to hear your thoughts on selling information vs. selling software in the comments below.
Note: the video above is played via Clay’s LeadPlayer software. LeadPlayer is a WordPress plugin that lets you do a whole lot of interesting things with your YouTube videos (click here to watch the video if you can’t see it in your feed reader or email).
Watch this 90-second video to see LeadPlayer’s two most popular features in action:
Learn more about LeadPlayer (and the company Clay founded called LeadBrite).
Now here’s the thing. Clay makes a lot of really great points in the video above, but there are also a lot of things you might not agree with.
I would love to hear your take on this question in the comments below: which business model is better for a small online business: selling education (information) or selling software?
Tell me what you think and why.
Thanks as always for watching.