Public service announcement: if you’re wondering the best way to submit a guest post to one of your “favorite” blogs, I have an example today of the wrong way to do it.
I received this unsolicited email last week:
My name is [name redacted] and I write for the [name redacted] blog.
Would you be interested in receiving a guest post submission from me?
What I had in mind was just coming up with an article on theme with your blog and sending it to you for your review, but I don’t have a specific topic in mind, so I’m happy to write on whatever topic you’d prefer if you have suggestions.
Some of the guest posts that I have done in the past have brought in thousands of new visitors for the blog owners!
Some of my featured posts can be seen here:
My articles have been picked up by sites like MSN, Publisher’s Weekly, About.com and the Consumerist, and people love linking to them and posting them on twitter.
Please let me know what you think, I look forward to hearing from you.
Would you accept a guest post proposal like this?
photo by TheGiantVermin
- Learn anything? Please share!
5 Free Videos, Digital Books, & Workbooks
- 6 Steps to 1,000 Visitors a Day
- 18 Months, 2 Blogs, Six Figures eBook
- 6 Ways to Earn $1,000/Mo Online
- 3 Compelling Content Types You Can Use Today To Get Loads of Visitors, Shares and Subscribers
- The Essential Business Plan Template For Bloggers