Already a member? Log in here.
Here are the registration instructions for being a visible member of the Million Dollar Blog Project. Remember, you can always follow along with your own site without having your blog tracked for the competition, but public accountability can be the difference between success and failure.
If you don’t have your site set-up with all of the below criteria yet, you can still register the pieces you do know now (even if that is just your name) and you can come back later to fill in the rest when your blog is set-up.
Here is a sample profile filled out correctly: Expert Enough Sample Profile.
Just go to the registration page.
2. Fill Out Your Name, Blog Name, and Blog URL
Enter your blog’s URL address here. Include http:// at the beginning.
3. Link to your Clicky Public Dashboard
Enter the URL address of your GetClicky.com dashboard. Include http:// in the address.
To set-up a Clicky account, simply go to GetClicky.com and follow these instructions to install it on your wordpress site using the Clicky plug-in. Note: you must enable public tracking on your Clicky account to make this work. Try going to Preferences > Preferences and check “Allow public access“.
4. Feedburner URI
Enter in your FeedBurner URI here. Do NOT include the FeedBurner domain (e.g. feeds.feedburner.com or feedproxy.google.com) – only include everything after that, for example, “myblog”, or “mysite”.
To sign up for Feedburner, head over to http://Feedburner.google.com/ and log in with your Google Account. From there you can set up your site using these directions. Note, you must enable the Awareness API on your FeedBurner account. (Publicize tab > Awareness API > Click Activate)
5. Total Earned Revenue
Enter the total revenue your blog has earned over it’s life. Note: this field is on the “honor system” and you will need to keep this field up to date each month. (We understand if you’d rather not disclose this amount, but we’d love to see our progress towards our million dollar goals.)
6. Accountability Journal Link
There are two different ways to do this piece.
1. On another site: Enter the URL address of your accountability journal if it is NOT being kept here at Think Traffic. Include http:// at the beginning.
2. On this site: You can keep your accountability journal right within your profile on this site. Once registered, just navigate to My Account > Profile > Edit Profile. Then select the tab labeled “Blog Accountability Journal”. If you journal on this site, the link to use for this step will look like this: http://thinktraffic.net/mdbp/members/username/
And that’s it! You’ll want to make manual updates to your earned revenue and accountability journal as often as you’d like (at least monthly). The other stats (Feedburner & Clicky) will update automatically once you set them up correctly.
Thank you so much for joining us on the One Million Dollar Blog Project. Time to hustle!
And as always, if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.