Getting traffic to your website is easily the most difficult part of building something meaningful online. Great design, technology and content aren’t enough to attract visitors to your website or blog and keep them coming back.
Website traffic is more than just a killer design or great article. Traffic comes from creating something that people want and getting the word out to potential customers or readers. Great content without promotion won’t get you very far, but neither will promotion of mediocre content.
Content and promotion aren’t all there is to building a high traffic website, either. There are many other things to consider and optimize, from design to social media to positioning and beyond.
Website Traffic 101
If you’re struggling to increase traffic to your website or blog, or if you’re just getting started, this series will give you a basic understanding of traffic building.
- Mommy, Where Does Website Traffic Come From?
- It’s Best to Start Building Website Traffic on a Monday
- How Do You Measure Website Traffic? (Hint, Don’t Use an Oscilloscope)
- With Community Comes Everything
- 20 Tasty Flavors of Content (Who Wants Rocky Road?)
- If Content is King, Promotion is Prime Minister
- If SEO is Dead, You Better Carry it Around Like Weekend At Bernie’s
- How to Build a Top 1000 Site in 4 Steps